Employment-Based Non-Immigrant (Temporary) Visas
Some of the more popular temporary work visas/status we handle at the Law Office of Alison Yew includes the following:
- E-1/ E2 (Treaty Traders & Treaty Investors) – Visas in these categories, E1 and E2, are for nationals of countries with treaties of navigation and commerce with the United States.
- E-3 (Advanced Degree/Specialty Occupation Workers from Australia) – Visas in this category are for Advanced Degree/Specialty Workers from Australia. Unlike the H-1B, E-3 visa holders may not have dual intent. Click here for USCIS’s informative website on this visa category.
- F-1 or M-1 for Academic or Vocational Studies and STEM OPT
- H-1B (Specialty Occupations)
- J-1 Waiver (Exchange Program Participants) — Please check back for updated information. Click here for the State Department’s very thorough information on J-1 Visas and Programs.
- L-1 (Intra-Company Executive/Manager or Special Skills Transferees)
- O-1 (Extraordinary Ability or Achievement in science, art, education, business, sports, film and television)
- P-1 (Internationally Recognized Athletes)
- TN (For Canadians and Mexicans)